Sunday, October 1, 2017

Episode 19 of Old Dad's Records


I just uploaded episode 19 of my podcast, Old Dad's Records. I have decided to go "live on the nines," meaning it's all live music this time. I am also drawing all the way through on 1970s rock music. I start with "I Want You To Want Me" by Cheap Trick. The live version of this song was much better and more popular than the studio version, and a great example of how a tight band sounds much more vital and real when they get on the stage. From there I pull out Grand Funk Railroad's Live Album from my pile of old records. This is the first record I've done that I just plain don't like, mostly so I can use it as a jumping off point to talk about other stuff. Last but definitely not least, I discuss seminal underground band Television's The Blow-Up.

No comments: